[Tagging] Self explanatory?

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 15:28:56 GMT 2012

2012/12/8 Dave Sutter <sutter at intransix.com>:
> One thing that makes those pictures very clear is that they are
> superimposed over actual aerial imagery. Visually I am not sure the
> solid polygons add anything for me. Possibly for a non-technical map
> user they could be confusing, but I don't know.
>
> I assume the problem you are trying to get around is that the center
> line of a road is discontinuous when the road forks.

Correct. The nodes of the "area" represent the nodes which are in the
center of the carriageway. If you know the lane count at those nodes
(this information is provided by the lanes key) you can now much
better approximate the course of each lane of the involved road
segments.

> When the map line
> diverges from the center line I personally don't see any need to make
> any special annotation for this.

I don't quite understand you there.

Martin