[Tagging] château

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 15:24:01 GMT 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM, A.Pirard.Papou
<A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com> wrote:

> Go to a wine shop and ask for a Mansion Lafitte ;-)

You can use "Château" in the tag name. But we are talking here about a
common tag for the building or its compound, no ? If you don't like
mansion or manor, you still have options like "vineyard_estate" or
"domain". I don't like "castle" here because it has really nothing to
do with a castle, a fortress or even a defensive dwelling.
In the same way, a water tower is called in French "Château d'eau".
But we don't tag it with amenity=castle + castle_type=water_tower...

Pieren