[Tagging] château

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 10:51:51 GMT 2012

Am 11/dic/2012 um 11:19 schrieb Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:

> If you don't like "historic" then use "building" if you like but avoid localized tags if the english equivalent exists.

building and historic describe orthogonal properties, they are not exclusive, and you could well have both of them attached. It could also be that there are several types of château (in the real world) and in OSM we will have several different main tags for them rather than the same. In order to decide about this I would make a description of what are the characteristics of these châteaux that you want to tag (what do they have in common) to see if they all belong to the same class of object.

Cheers,
Martin