[Tagging] Multi-value tagging and Lane Groups

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 19:25:38 GMT 2012

2012/2/8 Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl>:
> On 08/02/2012 16:00, Martin Vonwald wrote:
> question of syntax rather than concept. What triggered my post was actually
> a comment by Martin K who also felt a need for multi-value tags (i.e.
> arrays) in the context of the floors within a building.

I think you got me wrong there, I was actually against the proposed
form of multiple k/v-pairs stuffed all in the value for one key. For
the building floors we can do this with several k/v-pairs (each for
one floor or maybe range of floors) to keep tagging in a way it works
with our established tools.

The lane-case is a little different though, because if you have
multiple values there (plus a definition from where to start) you
won't need lane numbering. For buildings you will have unambigous
numbers for the floors anyway, and they are the usual way to identify
levels in buildings, but nobody says "take lane 3".

cheers,
Martin