[Tagging] Multi-value tagging and Lane Groups

Martin Vonwald (Imagic) imagic.osm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:14:45 GMT 2012

Am 08.02.2012 um 20:38 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>:

> you could have a relation to say that there is a linear possibility to
> switch between the lanes (proposed area relation). This would make
> some things much easier (we could use standard tags on the ways and it
> would be clear without counting, which tag applies to where, the
> geometric layout would be right before you in the editor, and you
> could also model spatial details as fine as you like (up to single
> holes in the pavement). On the other hand we would have much more
> geometry for roads in the db.

Considering that relations don't have many friends in the community I'm pretty sure, that this will never be approved. There is some proposal to map lanes as relations, but the feedback is not very positive as far as I know. Also we would need a lot of support in the editors for multiple lanes. Or would you like to map every of the eight lanes of a motorway one by one? I am much too lazy for that ;-)

Martin