[Tagging] Multi-value tagging and Lane Groups

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 19:38:38 GMT 2012

2012/2/8 Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com>:
> That is a very bad idea. Splitting the way would mean, that there is
> no possiblity to switch between the lanes (as they are separated),
> which in reality often is not correct. This would also break routing.

you could have a relation to say that there is a linear possibility to
switch between the lanes (proposed area relation). This would make
some things much easier (we could use standard tags on the ways and it
would be clear without counting, which tag applies to where, the
geometric layout would be right before you in the editor, and you
could also model spatial details as fine as you like (up to single
holes in the pavement). On the other hand we would have much more
geometry for roads in the db.

Cheers,
Martin