[Tagging] tagging of "ele" / elevation data e.g. in the context of towers

Mon Feb 20 12:44:18 GMT 2012

At 2012-02-20 03:44, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>On the German ML we are currently discussing how to applicate "ele" to
>towers (and similar situations). There is consensus that the key
>"height" is describing the height of the structure from the ground to
>the top. There is also consensus to tag elevation data in WGS84 (so
>that numbers in local systems would typically have to be converted
>before you can enter them).

This is the standard for FCC (communications) and FAA (airspace) in the US.
Well, close at least - elevations are generally "above mean sea level" - I
don't know how that relates to the WGS84/GPS and/or survey elevation but
I'd expect them to be close.