[Tagging] tagging of "ele" / elevation data e.g. in the context of towers

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 21:28:28 GMT 2012

Am 20. Februar 2012 21:09 schrieb John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com>:
> If a structure is located on sloping ground, do you record the elevation of the highest point in contact with the structure, the lowest point, halfway between the highest and lowest points, or what?

The lowest point would be OK for standard situations* (and for
structures which are not accessible). It could also be the ground
level at the entrance (and if its more entrances the main one, and if
that is not clear the lower entrance) or the floor level of the lowest
"normal" floor. I think we will anyway at some point have to decide
where is the 0-level for buildings (in the context of 3D and building
details).

cheers,
Martin

* a non-standard situation might be atop a cliff with supporting beams
that run down the cliff or something like this.