[Tagging] Public land mapping

Shawn Michael osm at monkeyspunk.net
Sun Feb 26 23:38:41 GMT 2012

I agree that boundary=protected_area seems to be the best fit so far.
However there's really no classification under "protect_class=" that
fits the bill.

I'd almost like to see #27 added under social-protected-area
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dprotected_area#Social-protected-area
with the description of "Public ground owned by Government entity (BLM,
Forest Service, some Freedom to Roam land)."

I guess if the above was made then the following tagging scheme may work:

BLM:
	boundary=protected_area
	name=BLM
	protect_class=27