[Tagging] Public land mapping

Michael Krämer ohrosm at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 26 09:37:19 GMT 2012

Hello,

Am 25.02.2012 23:36, schrieb Shawn Michael:
> Specifically in the maps, I can easily see how to tag the green items
> on the maps, as those are National Forest Service lands. Although
> there is a bit of confusion here as well. Not all of the Forest
> Service lands are covered by forest. So I guess my question is how
> are you tagging public lands?
First reading you post I thought it's about mapping ownership in
general. But after spending some more thoughts I think this falls more
into the mapping on actually relevant use permissions/restrictions. So
the closest concept is probably boundary=protected_area although it
perhaps doesn't fit exactly.

As you mentioned the concept of "public land" could be rather specific
to some countries, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_to_roam gives
some aspects.

Michael