[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Turn Lanes

Ilya Zverev zverik at textual.ru
Tue Jan 10 07:28:48 GMT 2012

Martijn van Exel:

> While it looks well thought out in general, I am missing the case of
> the US
> style center turn lane, which is a continuous center lane marked by a
> yellow line that is designated for vehicles turning off of OR onto
> the main
> road.
>

> http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/research/safety/pedbike/05085/images/les7fig5.jpgfor
> a good example.
>
> I am inclined to tag this as centerlane=yes - or is there an
> established
> standard - or is it included in your proposal and did I manage to
> overlook
> it?

Sadly, I missed that part when browsing wikipedia - thanks for the tip.
But it is clear that center turn lanes, as well as suicide lanes, should
be subtypes of reversible lanes, not regular ones. So I guess a new
proposal is in order, concerning lanes:reversible and
lanes:reversible:type. And there is a question of splitting a road into
separate ways for directions when there's a reversible lane(s) in the
middle.

IZ