[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Turn Lanes

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 07:43:11 GMT 2012

On 1/10/2012 2:28 AM, Ilya Zverev wrote:
> Sadly, I missed that part when browsing wikipedia - thanks for the tip.
> But it is clear that center turn lanes, as well as suicide lanes, should
> be subtypes of reversible lanes, not regular ones. So I guess a new
> proposal is in order, concerning lanes:reversible and
> lanes:reversible:type.
A reversible lane is one that is used by one direction at a time, with
signs (or a movable barrier, or other markings) indicating which
direction it is to be used in. A lane that can be used by someone in
either direction (hence the name 'suicide lane') is not a reversible lane.

> And there is a question of splitting a road into
> separate ways for directions when there's a reversible lane(s) in the
> middle.

Hell no (unless there's a physical barrier that gets moved).