[Tagging] Health and other stories

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Tue Jan 10 21:24:31 GMT 2012

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:02:23 +0100, sabas88 wrote:

> Hi list,
> I want to suggest a topic of discussion not often considered: planning a
> more rational tagging system to be applied onto the existing data and for
> the future.

Stefano,
you know I fully support you. We started a similar thread on talk-it, and every
time I tried to rationalize the tagging system a bit, I've always had people
complain about "changing the status quo".

I now started working, so I don't really have the time, nor the energies, to
sustain long flames on mailing lists :) -- but be assured you have my +1000
(because "+1" is just not enough here).

> For instance the discussion could start with a simple case: healthcare.
> Now the health facilities are tagged in amenity (when I go to the dentist
> I'm not happy as I would be in a bar!) [..]

Poor you. You'd be happier if I were your dentist ;)

Have a nice evening,
David
(a just-graduated-dentist)

;)