[Tagging] Health and other stories

sabas88 sabas88 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 09:42:08 GMT 2012

2012/1/11 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>

> I find it a bit harsh that you complain about amenity=dentist when others
> languish in an amenity=prison.

I laughed hard, I didn't noticed it :D

 2012/1/11 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> nobody stops you from using other keys then "amenity", some people
> already do it, look here:
>
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/healthcare#values
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/health_facility%3Atype#values
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/healthcare%3Aspeciality#values

Yes Martin, they are using either approved but contested proposals or "user
defined" values.
My idea was to discuss a possible project made of different proposal
covering each its area (health, education,...) which would give a more
rational set of keys to use :) I know only few tags and for others I rely
upon Josm menu and on wiki. Take the examples of dentist and prison, they
aren't "pleasant" (http://www.wordreference.com/definition/amenity) :)

This work would be also helpful for whom develop applications (example:
Josm, Vespucci, Osmtracker, Maperitive) struggling with different dialects
of tagging :)

Cheers,
Stefano