[Tagging] Health and other stories

sabas88 sabas88 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:28:51 GMT 2012

2012/1/11 Michael Krämer <ohrosm at googlemail.com>

> To be honest I haven't really thought about the
> difference between until this thread came up...

That's a problem for various non-native speakers (me included eheh)

This should be an opportunity to make some changes in syntax and semantics
[1] of OSM.

We should start a wiki entry to organize the ideas in a collaborative
Project (The Plan?) which will become the reccomendation from the final
approval on and a suggestion to migrate existing data :) (the automation
should be leaved to whom messes with [local] data)

My proposal:
-main page: description, aim, index and discussion for general ideas;
-subpages: one for each category or area of interest (primary features [2]
gives a good approximation of what I mean)

Also, this will promote also thinking on how would be simplified tagging
particular features (comes in mind also the cultural/heritage theme, from
archaeology to museums, a main key culture=*?).

Discussion should be focused also on the best word to use, as John pointed
out, and here the main work should be made by native speakers :)

Stefano

[1]http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Semantics
[2]http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features