[Tagging] Health and other stories

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:46:46 GMT 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 17:28, sabas88 <sabas88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/1/11 Michael Krämer <ohrosm at googlemail.com>
>>
>> To be honest I haven't really thought about the
>> difference between until this thread came up...
>

> That's a problem for various non-native speakers (me included eheh)
>
> This should be an opportunity to make some changes in syntax and semantics
> [1] of OSM.

Use the tags, document them, link, upload pictures and write on the
wiki. Try not to plan. these are things you can do even though you are
not a native speaker. Openstreetmap has nothing to do with England nor
English.

For tagging this is a X type of feature what we really need is lots of
info on "you want to add X to the map, then you can tag it like this,
that, or like this". Where the simplest answer is the default.

But just look at the discussion for amenity=gym, simple things are the hardest.

> migrate existing data  :)

Nice smiley.. :-) It's not about migrating data it's about migrating
stubborn fools. (i.e. everyone but yourself)