[Tagging] permissive etc. (was Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking))

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 13:05:24 GMT 2012

2012/1/13 Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>:
> On 1/13/2012 7:17 AM, SomeoneElse wrote:
>>
>> When I was adding this:
>>
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/52984927
>>
>> which is something that you do need an actual permit to access (on a
>> horse) I left the horse access as "permissive" but added a note against
>> it. I'm not sure that "access=permit" without some sort of note would
>> make it clear (even to a native English speaker).
>

> If you need a permit, shouldn't it be private?

in some cases yes, but as others have told, in Italy (and other
countries) central city districts often require an individual permit
to access (sometimes only in certain hours) with motorized vehicles.
Pedestrian and cycle traffic is usually not excluded (so
motor_vehicle=private is a better approximation). There will be
cameras to control this, which recognize the number plates of the
vehicles. Sooner or later we will have to develop a tagging method to
specify this in more detail to improve routing (as the number of
permits is fairly large, and permit owners could benefit if they would
be able to tell their navigation system which permits they have).

cheers,
Martin