[Tagging] permissive etc. (was Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking))

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Jan 13 20:09:00 GMT 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 07:24:22AM -0500, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On 1/13/2012 7:17 AM, SomeoneElse wrote:
> >When I was adding this:
> >
> >http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/52984927
> >
> >which is something that you do need an actual permit to access (on a
> >horse) I left the horse access as "permissive" but added a note against
> >it. I'm not sure that "access=permit" without some sort of note would
> >make it clear (even to a native English speaker).
>
> If you need a permit, shouldn't it be private?

That was my intuition when tagging toll plazas such as this one:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=36.01116&lon=-95.98849&zoom=16&layers=M

Folks with a Kansas K-PASS, Oklahoma PIKEPASS or Texas TxTag know they
can blow through the private stretch as signage invites them to do so
anyway, but everyone else would get an extra prompt reminding them to
pull out for the toll plaza cash lane.