[Tagging] psv (was Re: access=no (was Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking)))

Simone Saviolo simone.saviolo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:54:46 GMT 2012

2012/1/17 Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>:
> On 1/17/2012 8:32 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>>
>> psv=yes (or bus=yes)
>

> This has been bugging me for a while - why do we group buses and taxis? Is
> this a common grouping in the UK?

I don't know about other places, but at least in Italy it's common
that public transport vehicles (which include buses, trams, taxis)
share a single permission to access areas where general traffic is not
allowed. So, access=no, psv=yes makes more sense than access=no,
bus=yes, taxi=yes (sure, the consumer has to know which vehicles are
PSVs). On the other hand, it's perfectly fine to use them separately,
for example for a lane reserved to taxis only (where psv=yes would be
incorrect).

Ciao,

Simone