[Tagging] psv (was Re: access=no (was Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking)))

Ben Johnson tangararama at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 18:10:37 GMT 2012

On 18/01/2012, at 0:52, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/1/17 Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>:
>> On 1/17/2012 8:32 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>>> psv=yes (or bus=yes)
>>
>> This has been bugging me for a while - why do we group buses and taxis? Is
>> this a common grouping in the UK?
>

> Yes, it is a common grouping in Europe, at least for Germany and Italy
> I can confirm this. Sometimes they are also open to bikes, see here
> for example:
> http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:Busspur_und_Haltestelle_in_Mannheim_100_9128.jpg&filetimestamp=20061022114627

In NSW Australia we have a distinction between "bus lanes" and "bus-only lanes".

From http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/usingroads/buses/buslanes.html

"Bus lanes are specially marked lanes that can only be used by buses, taxis, hire cars, emergency vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles. They are located on roads which have high frequency bus services."

"Bus only lanes are a special form of bus lane restricted to buses. Examples of bus only lanes include the Liverpool to Parramatta T-way route in south western Sydney and the North-West T-way that operates between Parramatta and Rouse Hill."