[Tagging] access=no (was Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking))

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 17 14:56:20 GMT 2012

On 17/01/2012 14:20, Anthony wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 1:48 AM, Colin Smale<colin.smale at xs4all.nl>  wrote:
>>> access=private doesn't make much sense on land that is publicly owned.
>>>
>> Right of access is different from ownership.
>> Not every bit of land owned by a government is public.
> I wasn't talking about every bit of land owned by a government.  I'm
> talking about public rights of way with legal use restrictions.

Forgive me, you used the phrase "publicly owned" and I jumped to the
conclusion you were talking about land owned by {local,central}
governments, and there is plenty of that, much of which is off-limits to
the general public. I still have problems making sense of your assertion
that access=private doesn't make much sense on land that is publicly owned.