[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Mapping guidelines

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Tue Jan 17 16:22:55 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:
> For what it's worth. When I start rendering/printing maps based on OSM, I
> think it's extremely ugly if the landuse is not 'connected' to the roads,
> i.e. that the landuse uses separate parallel ways with a small space in
> between for its definition.

If we're going to go by our own personal and unexplained opinions, I
think it's best looking when the landuse does not cover the right of
way (not that this does not mean the landuse ways are parallel to the
highway ways - they often are not).

It's also the most functional.  Rights of way are not one-dimensional lines.