[Tagging] Level and type of school (ISCED, public/private/charter)

Michael Krämer ohrosm at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 21 07:19:42 GMT 2012

Am 21.01.2012 00:53 schrieb "Andrew Harvey" <andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com>:
> In my region you could further mark if the private school is religious
> or not and the type of religion, but I haven't actually done any
> tagging like that.

Recently there has been a discussion on the German list on how to tag
religious schools. More specifically it started with the question whether
to use the religion-key on schools or not.

There we quickly came across the question of Montessori of Waldorf schools.
But there hasn't been any consensus for a particular tagging scheme in the
end.

So I'm also in favor of something rather flexible to account for all this.
The school:subkey-method should be fine. But I would suggest to define some
basic subkeys 'internationally' e.g. type. If everything is behind a
country-key it might be harder to process automatically.

Michael