[Tagging] University with buildings in 2 cities

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:30:10 GMT 2012

2012/1/25 Gerhard Hermanns <hermanns at ptt.uni-due.de>:
> For now I think I'm going to put the tags on the relations of each location,
> resulting in three to four name and amenity tags in each city. But I'm still
> open for suggestions. Did anyone encounter the same problem?

I'd make two entities: one for each location, either a polygon or a
multipolygon that encloses the site, and tag them with
amenity=university (and so on). You could also add a more specific
name to them (e.g. "Uni ..., Standort Duisburg" "Uni ..., Standort
Essen" or whatever they use officially). Then you could make another
relation type="site" and add the two single sites (polygons) into
them, and give them the name of the whole university.

cheers,
Martin