[Tagging] Tagging u-turn restriction with continuous painted line

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:20:29 BST 2012

2012/7/3 Markus Lindholm <markus.lindholm at gmail.com>:
> In my opinion the most straight forward is to treat legal separation
> (i.e. solid line) the same way as physical separation, that is to have
> two ways, one in each direction.

if you make no distinction at all this has the problem that you will
get worse results for other use cases (pedestrians, emergency
vehicles, bankrobbers, ...). IMHO it is important to be able to
differentiate between "not possible" (physically) and "not legal". You
could associate the two ways with a relation (i.e. lane-mapping, e.g.
area relation), but I feel that is would somehow be overkill. Why not
a simple tag that says: there is a solid line between the two opposing
lanes (-> divider).

cheers,
Martin