[Tagging] Extended Conditions - response to votes

Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 5 14:16:49 BST 2012

On 05/07/2012 13:48, Chris Hill wrote:
> My only vote is to scrap the stupid voting system that gives credibility
> to badly thought out schemes by just having a handful of people voting
> compared to the tens of thousands of active mappers. Discussion is
> valuable, documentation is vital, voting is broken and phoney.
+1

How many mappers or tag consumers are aware that either a vote or a
discussion is taking place? The voting constituency is invariably a
small, self-selected group.

For my part, I would disable the "Discussion" tag on Wiki pages. There
is no indication that there is content in that tab, so any on-going
disputes are invisible to people reading Wiki pages for information or
guidance.

(For the record, OpenSeaMap do not use any form of tag that links to
variable data.)

Malcolm