[Tagging] Extended Conditions - response to votes

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Thu Jul 5 13:48:33 BST 2012

On 05/07/12 13:30, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    reading this discussion again demonstrates how useless our voting
> process is.
>
> It is obvious that this issue has not been thoroughly discussed, that
> there is no consensus about which problem exactly it should solve and
> what the implications for mappers or users would be.
>
> This means the whole thing isn't ready for voting. Yet I read that
> voting was "full underway". You cannot vote *instead* of having a
> discussion, it won't work. Legitimate criticism cannot be countered by
> "but we got 51% in the vote for this". Whoever started a vote on
> something so un-ready is certainly not helping anyone.
+1

My only vote is to scrap the stupid voting system that gives credibility
to badly thought out schemes by just having a handful of people voting
compared to the tens of thousands of active mappers. Discussion is
valuable, documentation is vital, voting is broken and phoney.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly