[Tagging] Extended Conditions - response to votes

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Fri Jul 6 12:28:03 BST 2012

On 06.07.2012 08:47, Martin Vonwald wrote:
> One issue of the ext-cond jumped into my mind again when I read your examples above: in the prop it is written that the most specific value should be taken. But what is "most specific"? I think the correct determination of this could be quite complex.

It simply means that if one of two non-identical boolean expressions
implies the other (which is an established and well-defined concept),
then it is more specific.

Implementing this should just be a bit of routine programming work.

> The variants with keys like <key>:condition:<ordering> would solve this IMO.

You could replace "specificness" with "whatever condition comes first".
But that would burden the mapper with making sure that maxspeed:hgv:wet
is listed before maxspeed:hgv, with no good reason why that should be
important.

Tobias