[Tagging] Tagging Blue flags (Foundation for Environmental Education's Blue flag criteria for beaches and marinas)

Glom johan.j at goteborg.cc
Fri Jul 6 16:44:22 BST 2012

Yes, I am complicating things ( I am thinking loud:).
I was just thinking on what blue_flag really means.  It implies some
properties that does not have any existing tags yet, I wondered what those
tags could look like (If someone would like to tag that property on a beach
that doesn´t have the blue flag)

bathing_water:quality=excellent
bathing_water:supervised=true
beach:maintained=true
toilet=yes
waste_disposal=true
waste_disposal:recycling=true
beach:supervised=yes
supervision=life_guard
first_aid_kit=yes
potable_water=yes

Regarding the european community bathing waters, one could make an area in
the waters. According to the directive, one such area should be identified
for each bath water.
I have a failed proposal where I suggest that both the waters and the beach
should be tagged:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/sea_bath

The simplest way would be to see the beach_resort as one thing, making it
hold the tags for both beach and water, whether it is a node, area or a
relation doesn´t really matter until you want to go into detail. Try to make
one beach_resort for each Bathing_Water_ID or blue flag beach.