[Tagging] Tagging Blue flags (Foundation for Environmental Education's Blue flag criteria for beaches and marinas)

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Fri Jul 6 17:04:49 BST 2012

Some of the properties you mention already exist in general:
Am 06.07.2012 17:44, schrieb Glom:
> toilet=yes
amenity=toilets [1]
> waste_disposal=true
amenity=waste_basket [2] or
amenity=waste_disposal [3]
> waste_disposal:recycling=true
amenity=recycling and tons of possible subtags [4]
> first_aid_kit=yes
I fear, there are several variants of tagging first aid kits, e.g. in
the Healthcare 2.0 proposal [5]
> potable_water=yes
amenity=drinking_water [6]

At least these facilities therefore can - and IMHO should, where
possible be tagged separately.
At a big beach of several hectare size it does not help to know that
somewhere are toilets - I have to know if it's 2km to the one direction
or 1.5 to the other one to walk.

regards
Peter

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dtoilets