[Tagging] sports_centre

Jonathan Bennett openstreetmap at jonno.cix.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 10:24:05 BST 2012

On 16/07/2012 10:01, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I find that surprising because it seems that sports_centre is even
> more ambiguous or misunderstood - at least if someone tells me he's
> going to the gym I know what they mean.
It isn't to a British person (probably). Most towns of any size have a
municipal facility called  a Sports or Leisure Centre, which may itself
contain a gym, but will have other facilities, probably including
non-sport related ones such as a theatre.

Unless another Brit wants to correct me, of course.