[Tagging] sports_centre

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 03:51:41 BST 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> I'd like to hear from others - is sports_centre the usual tag for such
> establishments and if so, should we maybe downgrade the rendering to z16?

I use leisure=sports_centre for things like bowls clubs, cricket
clubs, football clubs, and conglomerations of the above (eg, a place
that has tennis courts, cricket nets and a few other things). These
are generally "community" facilities, rather than for-profit
commercial facilities like gyms. (Of course, some of these probably
have gyms inside somewhere.) I'm always tagging them as areas, not
nodes.

I'm not sure how I'd tag a gym - it hasn't come up. A tag like
amenity=gym sounds more appropriate (IMHO a gym is an "amenity" much
more than it's "leisure", but it doesn't really matter).

Steve