[Tagging] How to tag a trailer_park ?

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Jul 27 15:44:59 BST 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 6:54 AM, Werner Poppele <poppele at hm.edu> wrote:

> In the US [1] I found some trailer parks tagged landuse=trailer_park. Is
> that ok ? Any other recommendations ? The tag tourism=camp_site seems to be
> not quite correct IMHO.
>
> taginfo
> landuse=trailer_park    8
> amenity=trailer_park    23
> tourism=camp_site       40196
>
> WernerP
>
> [1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33.6209&lon=-117.6951&zoom=17
>
> This looks like a Mobile Home Park (MHP), of which there is only one
landuse=mobile_home_park  tag in use.  I would recommend not using
trailer_park and it's not a camp_site.  It could also be a gated_community
(25 in use) but I couldn't tell from the bing image if it was a actual
gated community.  Additionally it could be a retirement community for those
over 55.

--
Clifford

I have promised to cut down on my swearing and drinking, which I have.
 Unfortunately, this has left me dim-witted and nearly speechless. Adapted
from *The Lion* by Nelson DeMille

-or-

 Albert Einstein