[Tagging] That stupid 'quarter' tag has been approved

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Jun 2 17:11:15 BST 2012

Steve Bennett writes:
 > On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:
 > > So? The wiki is the place for documenting how YOU map, not how other
 > > people SHOULD map. The only thing you SHOULDN'T do in the wiki is
 > > change the description of how other people map.
 >
 > C'mon. Clearly that's not true. The primary purpose of the wiki is to
 > establish standards that everyone maps by. How can this really be in
 > question?

Another Steve went out of his way to NOT dictate standards that
everyone maps by. If it's good enough for SteveC, it's good enough for
me.

(And I didn't agree with him at first, but over time I have come to
agree with him. And not through lobbying on his part, but simply
because I recognized that he was right. Hard to argue with success.)

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog