[Tagging] Tagging Blue flags (Foundation for Environmental Education's Blue flag criteria for beaches and marinas)

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 16:32:24 BST 2012

2012/6/26 Simone Saviolo <simone.saviolo at gmail.com>

> However, as far as I know, the Blue Flag is awarded on a Commune basis, so
> I don't think it would be ok to tag a marina or a beach resort. For
> example, in Italy, Varazze is traditionally a Blue Flag city, and no beach
> in the Commune's territory (or, if you wish, *all* of them) are Blue Flag
> beaches. On the other hand, it never happens that a particular resort
> sports the Blue Flag if the Commune doesn't.

Well, I looked at Varazze on that site, and it has several blue flags for
beaches and marinas. It also has a gray flag for one beach, but I couldn't
find what's the difference. I'll send them an e-mail to find out.

2012/6/26 Michael Krämer <ohrosm at googlemail.com>

> I am a bit confused by  'fee_' in the tag. From my experience there is no
> direct connection between a 'blue_flag' and any fee.

Simone is right, it's Foundation for Environmental Education. Maybe the tag
should be changed if it's confusing. I added "fee" so there are no possible
conflicts.

Janko Mihelić