[Tagging] gym as an amenity value

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Mar 8 16:54:39 GMT 2012

I do not see gym listed as a value for the tag amenity.  I would like to
see it as a recognized key value for amenity.  Taginfo,
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/amenity
shows 644 gym, 8 Gym and some forms of health_club.

Gym is defined as "A membership organization that provides a range of
facilities designed to improve and maintain physical fitness and health."
 In my town of Seattle, neighborhoods have numerous gyms that fit
the definition.

What is the correct process to get gym approved.  I'd also like to see it
added to potlatch2.  I have found a public domain icon that could be used.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

--
Clifford