[Tagging] How to tag a "trail blaze"

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 03:16:38 GMT 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> He is asking because a local community is maintaining such marks and
> would like to locate them in OSM in addition to the route itself.
> Our current proposal is to use a node tagged with:
> tourism=information
> information=trail_blaze
> hiking=yes
> operator=
> support=tree|pole|rock
> description=

Maybe the word "marker" rather than trail_blaze. Then it could be used
equally be more formal, permanent trail markers.

tourism=information
information=trail_marker

OTOH, information=trail_blaze already has 925 uses, so perhaps that's
the de facto standard already.

Btw, I think using "support" this way is a French-ism. I don't
immediately have a better suggestion, maybe
"information:attached_to=tree".

Steve