[Tagging] A leisure tag for bathe

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 09:42:16 GMT 2012

2012/3/11 Johan Jönsson <johan.j at goteborg.cc>:
> I made a try to do go through some examples to see how it worked. They are at:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Johan_J%C3%B6nsson/Workspace
>
> what I can see, it looks like it is only the open-air public nature bath
> locations that really lack tags, swimming_pools and indoor bath locations
> could easily be tagged with current more specialized tags or similar. (e.g.
> amenity=turkish_bath /tourism=spa/leisure=sports_centre)

I would probably use leisure=bath to map outdoor bathing places, but
I'm not sure the word is that much better than a direct translation of
the  Swedish word, which would be;

amenity=place_of_bathing

So maybe just use the Swedish word http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badplats
leisure=badplats + sport=swiming

Or if there is another language which has a word for (outdoor) places
where you take baths?