[Tagging] dispute about center island in a turning circle

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 00:27:44 GMT 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:highway%3Dturning_circle#Central_island
> The question is whether a normal-sized turning circle can be tagged as such
> if there's a small landscaped island in the middle. Here's a local example:
> http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=28.450005,-81.506599&spn=0.008433,0.016512&gl=us&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=28.450005,-81.506599&panoid=XSUkL2QthSC5VFHjx0U2Rg&cbp=12,1.34,,0,8.36

I've definitely tagged some of these as a turning_circle. Seems good
enough to me. I probably wouldn't stop anyone from doing it as a
circular way or something but I'm not going to spend that kind of time
on a measly cul-de-sac. Maybe when I'm 90 and can only do armchair
mapping from the nursing home...

Toby