[Tagging] Business being operated out of a home?

Ronnie Soak chaoschaos0909 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 14 09:50:52 GMT 2012

2012/3/14, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Ronnie Soak
> <chaoschaos0909 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> But take a look at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Verifiability
>> If he has no sign on the door, he probably shouldn't be mapped.
>
> You might verify in different ways. A sign on the door is not the only one.

Just took a close look at my own link. On the 'Good practice' page it
says '[a second mapper could] come to the same place and collect the
same data ', but on the 'Verifiability' page it doesn't mention being
physically there.

So maybe it's ok if you can get the information from elsewhere (like
for historic features no longer visible or abstract concepts like
administrative borders), but I think for businesses it is quite a good
practice to require some sort of physical sign/logo/label.

Regards,
Chaos99