[Tagging] dispute about center island in a turning circle

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Wed Mar 14 23:30:44 GMT 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Josh Doe <josh at joshdoe.com> wrote:
>
>> 1) "Force" everyone to draw a loop around the island (too tedious)
>
> Or just silently fix it.  That's what I do.  JOSM has great drawing
> tools for making nice, neat circles.

FYI, Overpass API [1] and the JOSM Todo plugin [1] make a great combo
for fixing your own tagging mistakes. Just execute the following to
get all the mini-roundabouts and connected ways last edited by myself
(or anyone):

(
  node(user:"JoshD")["highway"="mini_roundabout"];
  rel(bn)->.x;
  way(bn);
  node(w)->.x;
  rel(bw);

);
out meta;

I didn't finish, but I drew ways for most, and used turning_circle
plus fixme for others.
-Josh

[1]: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API
[2]: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/TODO_list