[Tagging] reference_point and landmark for addresses

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:38:30 GMT 2012

On 3/21/2012 9:06 AM, Steve Bennett wrote:
> The harder question is if you want to try and define actual addresses,
> like actually putting a unique address description on each dwelling
> ("From the church, 400m south", "From the church, 380m south with the
> blue door"). But maybe leave that harder question till later :)

This is where I get confused. Is the "address" created like this
actually unique, or are there any number of descriptions that are
equally valid?

(Aside: I'm reminded of metes and bounds descriptions of property: begin
at the stake in the old tree at the northeast corner of Bill's property,
run south 59 degrees east for 600 chains for the point of beginning,
then run by the following courses... Here of course there are many
possible starting points and ways to describe the route to the point of
beginning.)