[Tagging] area=yes on polygones (was Block names)

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Tue May 1 12:55:06 BST 2012

01.05.2012 11:53, Pieren wrote:
> Not only mine. I'm still waiting at least a single example where a
> closed way for platforms is not an area

How about that one?

It's a public_transport=platform for busses. There's a building with
ticket shops and toilets in the centre (not mapped yet).

> (and rendering issue cannot be
> fixed by splitting the way for instance).

We could do that for highways and other examples, too: Always treat
closed loops as an area, and model other loops by splitting the way.

But that's not what we decided to do in those cases. Instead, we
invented area=yes.

Tobias