[Tagging] [Talk-us] First bona fide mini-roundabout spotted

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed May 9 14:12:24 BST 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 5:02 AM, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is one annoying complication of the "real" roundabout in comparison
> with the mini-roundabout (and for which I also have "cheated" in some cases)
> and that is the handling of bus and cycle route relations. These have to be
> split at every roundabout into two halves with role "forward".
> From that point of view it might me nice to have a node "small_roundabout",
> but I see the immediate problem of how to define the difference between a
> small and a normal roundabout.

Just call it "roundabout", and define the difference as "I didn't feel
like micromapping it".  Anyone who cares enough can go and fix it
themselves.

At least then people people won't be as tempted to use the
"mini_roundabout" tag, which can be reserved for roundabouts which
meet those strict criteria outlined previously.