[Tagging] Openstreetview or similar and JOSM integration

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Thu May 10 11:42:34 BST 2012

2012/5/10 Ferenc Veres <lion at netngine.hu>:
> OpenStreetView is for presenting nice photos if nice places, isn't it?
> It looks so. Not for boring photos of "opening hours" tables and such
> SURVEY INFO. :-)  What's your aim?

That's exactly my aim: survey info.

> I would also like to know if there is such a system. (Hoever TAGGING@
> may not be the appropriate list for this.)

What would you recommend?

> Huge percent of OsmBugs, MapDust bugs have insufficient description.
> Even if their aim is to be as simple as possible, photo option would
> radically enhance their usability. (I'll send a link to this mail to
> OsmBugs developer.)

That's not my aim - at least not only. I do not want the photos to
disappear as soon as a bug is fixed. It should work just like the GPS
traces, but I guess we would need some additional filtering, e.g.
maximum age. The latter would also be a good idea for GPS traces by
the way.

In JOSM (or whatever editor) it should work just like the GPS traces:
a selection to download all photos of the given area.