[Tagging] Dispute on highway=mini_roundabout

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Thu May 10 23:26:56 BST 2012

On 10.05.2012 17:35, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On 5/10/2012 11:30 AM, Josh Doe wrote:
>> I've made some significant edits to this article to improve the
>> overall quality, as well as hopefully provide text which satisfies
>> both concerned parties.
>
> Nope - you said that it's erroneous to use the tag as many mappers have,
> for a miniature roundabout that may not strictly be a mini-roundabout.

Well, according to the definition it _is_ erroneous. And unless we
decide to change the definition, stating this clearly on the wiki page
is worthwhile because this has apparently been a common mistake for
mappers to make.

Now the real question is whether we should change the definition. If we
did allow using junction=roundabout on nodes, as has been suggested in
this thread, would there be any reason left to prefer mini_roundabout
for roundabouts that are "not strictly a mini-roundabout"?

Tobias