[Tagging] Dispute on highway=mini_roundabout

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:40:15 BST 2012

2012/5/11 Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com>:
> However one thing that was already mentioned is still left:
> turning_circle . We have the same problem here as with
> mini_roundabout, as the tag should only be used if there is no island
> present but in fact it is also used in such cases.

What are the minimum measurements of a turning circle, what is the
maximum above which it is suggested to draw an area? IMHO this
turning_circle node is an approximation anyway (if in doubt you can
not deduct from it in its current form whether you will get problems
with your large vehicle or not).

It could of course be enhanced (shape, orientation, width, length,
...) but if you did this you'd be faster (and still more flexible and
accurate and more intuitively refineable) by simply drawing it rather
than inserting these parametrically.

Cheers,
Martin