[Tagging] Another reset on roundabouts

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Fri May 18 14:42:54 BST 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Toby Murray <toby.murray at gmail.com> wrote:
> junction=roundabout should not care about right-of-way. Trying to
> enforce this in the map is going to be impossible anyway because it is
> such a technicality. And I'm not sure what value is added by inventing
> another tag for edge cases that differ only in handling of
> right-of-way.

But what is a case where the only difference is in right-of-way?

I don't see right-of-way as a rule so much as a guideline.  If you are
going to call any roadway which is kind of circular in shape a
roundabout, no matter how large, and no matter how complicated the
intersections, then where do you draw the line?  Is the beltway around
Washington DC a roundabout?