[Tagging] Merge cycleway=asl/advanced_stop_line/bike_box/...?

Andrew Chadwick (lists) a.t.chadwick+lists at gmail.com
Wed May 23 13:55:33 BST 2012

On 23/05/12 13:19, Gregory Williams wrote:
> If we need to show that an ASL is just for certain classes of traffic then
> I'm sure we could just use the normal access tags, i.e. bicycle=yes,
> psv=yes, etc.

That's an overloading of meaning, I think. The access tags are for
noting legal access[1], and in the UK at least all bicycle ASLs can be
used - crossed, or stopped at - by motor vehicles too. In fact, they're
required to stop at them should the lights change to red while they're
inside the marked area and able to stop within it safely[2].

[1] With the significant exception of barriers. Sigh.
[2] Well, *something* has to explain the taxi drivers I keep finding in
them.

--
Andrew Chadwick