[Tagging] How to tag the area of a (public) outdoor swimming pool ?

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Thu May 24 18:33:41 BST 2012

Am 24.05.2012 17:55, schrieb Janko Mihelić:
> Maybe landuse=recreation_ground?
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Drecreation_ground
>
> or maybe even better, leisure=sports_centre + sport=swimming
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dsports_centre
-1 for sport=swimming and for sports_centre, except that it's a sport
swimming pool. Much pools are more for leisure and fun than for sports,
and I would oppose to interpret e.g. a whirlpool (okay, that's not the
case here, I think, but I hope you get the point) as indicator for a
sports_centre or to tag it as sport=swimming.

regards
Peter